Barrow Gurney was delighted to welcome Paul Merton and Suki Webster who chose the hall as one of the preview locations for their play in July 2014
Barrow Gurney Village Hall is located in a village 4 miles from Bristol and 2 miles from Bristol Airport. Thelovely old hall was built in 1928 and given to the Women’s Institute by Mrs Henry Martin Gibbs of Barrow Court whose photograph can be seen in the hall. Originally called Institute House it was handed over to trustees in 1978 and became the Village Hall. It has an elevated position next to the Prince’s Motto pub and overlooks the Village Green.
This attractive wood paneled hall has a fully equipped kitchen, licensed bar, committee room, cloakroom and toilets. Available for hire 7 days a week at great value rates. Located in the centre of Barrow Gurney village with ample free car parking.
The Village Hall is a registered charity and all proceeds are used for maintaining the building.
Installation of new doors and secondary glazing sponsored by the Airport Community Fund